First interiors- our kitchen

Started by Speedster, April 26, 2011, 01:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

My wife recently announced that, 15 years after buying our house, it was time to "spruce up" the kitchen.  Being a good husband, I jumped at the chance to prove I was good for something around the here! But in SolidWorks and KeyShot, however, as my first real interior.  HDR created in HDR LightStudio.  I will say, interiors are a challenge, but way easier now than in the oldShot days.

Seriously, a quick but accurate model has proven very valuable, as we can test ideas and also pull accurate drawings for estimating (way too much!) and other stuff.  It's missing all the clutter, toaster, coffeemaker, dog, and the like, but hey, there's a limit!

First image is the direction I like.  #2 is "as it now is", very boring oak and white tile.  #3 brings in pendant lights and hardware.  #4, which Geri likes, and less expensive, is painted, with granite.  # 5, my choice, with refinished cabinets.  #6 ditto, but with emmissives.

Anyway, it was a fun exercise, but now back to work so I can pay for it!

Bill G

guest84672

Great - love it!! I like #5 - but make sure you include the aluminum chairs.

trice1

Nice, Nice. How long did it take you to do this if I might ask?

Speedster

Modeled and rendered in about 8 hours.  The hard part was measuring everything!  I will say, this was a blast, and Geri's already counting the days!
Bill G

feher

Hi Bill,
It's really nice to see the progression in your project. They all are good !
Thanks for sharing.
Tim