Main Menu

Mercedes SLS

Started by Nero7, April 27, 2011, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero7

Here is another car render, Mercedes SLS. This one was realy difficult to make, it was hard to find the right reflection on the paint and on other details.

feher

Looks pretty good. Try a different focal length and see what that does for it.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

guest84672

Also try increasing the gamma to get better contrast ... good start, though.

Nero7

I have tried increasing gamma but it only makes the reflection worse and the colors becomes more brighter. The most important thing was to add a proper scene with good lights in it. Where can i find focal length setting?

Speedster

Focal Length setting is on the Camera tab.  Also, I know you played with gamma, but for grins, on the "realtime" tab, set the gamma at 2.2 (or perhaps down to 2.0) and adjust the brightness, as well as tweak with the environment settings to compensate.  You may be suprised, and this is what Jeff recommends.  It does work!
Bill G

guest84672

Should have been more specific - gamma in the realtime tab.

Nero7

Quote from: Thomas Teger on April 28, 2011, 09:33:03 AM
Should have been more specific - gamma in the realtime tab.

I have tried both and the one that works best is the gamma setting in "enviroment". There I have set it to 2,180 and brightness to 1,170 and in "realtime" gamma is 1,2 and brightness is 1. I can also adjust the reflection when i rotate the enviroment. The enviroment that I'm using now is realy good for car paints. Here is another image rendered with black paint.

PhilippeV8

Might I add that it realy depends on which screen you are looking as well .. Here at work it looks a bit dark in places, while at home on the laptop it looks bright...

feher

Much much better. I like the chrome on the other image. So you might want to think about doing two images one for the car and then another for the chrome. Then combine them.
Just something to think about.
Tim

EGON

Ha! I just got that same car. Nice job.

guest2984

The job may be better if you add soft reflections on the hood. Reflections at the front are too bright and they "detach" too much from the rest.