Forum Post Order

Started by HaroldL, July 10, 2017, 01:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

When I view the forum pages it usually shows the latest post on the sub-forum title bar. However, in this case is did not do so. It shows the second listed post as the latest. I posted a "question" in the Materials sub-forum back on July 2nd. So, did I  do something wrong when I posted my "question"?  ??? ???

And, is it possible to place attachments in the body of the post text? I know it's been done on other forums just doesn't seem possible here, or am I missing something. ???

mattjgerard

Uploaded images and properly formatted youtube links will appear in the body of the text. If you are hosting your files somwhere else, I believe that you can place the link to those files in the body of the text, but if you are uploading bip or ksp files to the forum they will always appear at the end of the post, as far as I can tell.

HaroldL

The two images I uploaded were attached at the end of the post. I see no function to upload and image or more and place text between them. In my post I wanted to place text between the two images but cannot.

On another forum I frequent that is "powered by phpBB" there is a button near the uploaded file to place it inline.
(Here's where I would place the image inline then continue with my comments below it.)
But in this case the image will be placed at the end with no chance of inserting text below it, at least that I can see now.
Maybe when the crush of the Keyshot7 launch is over one of the web gurus can clear this up.

mattjgerard

Ah, yep, I get what you are saying. that is something that is nice to be able to do. I've done that as well on other forums. Nice to be able to do when explaining things.