Main Menu

more bugs

Started by andy.engelkemier, April 28, 2011, 06:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I tried to render a file last night with lower quality settings at 7000x7000. I didn't think that would be a problem rendering.

I cam in today find it had only gotten about 10% complete.
Upon closer looks I noticed that when I open up the render settings again the numbers are ALL over the place. One was showing negative, one was in the thousands. Also saving the scene, and opening it again the camera was moved slightly closer so that part of my objects were just outside the viewable area.

Now I'm trying to renderi just a region with 8 samples, 2 raybounces, 1 antialiasing and the lowest everything else other than leaving pixel filter size at 1.5
Still rendering for 5 minutes I'm only at 5%.

What gives?

Version: 2.2.65 Pro Floating

And I tried rendering with real-time also, but that was a big fail. It didn't show anything at all.

andy.engelkemier

more further issues:

As a fix I wanted to just Not render and let it res up at a large resolution. This is what we use to do in hypershot when we couldn't get anything else to work (which was more often that we'd like to admit).
Keyshot won't let me resize the window past the size of my screen. I'm guessing they are trying to be smart about this, but it's not helping me in any way.

Finally: I've got something working by eliminating half of the data and using the real-time render at half the previous resolution while also reducing the quality of materials.

KeyShot

Hi Andy,

Any chance you can share the file with us? We have not heard of this issue before.

Thanks,

Henrik

andy.engelkemier

unfortunately, as usual, it's an early concept so I can't send it to anyone.

The process of how I got it though:
The data started in Rhino on a PC.
My coworker updated to 2.2.65 and it screwed up his license so he had to do it on his Mac.
I got a packaged file from his mac and opened that.

Maybe it has something to do with that process?

The big problems that concern me are thing like saving a file, then opening a file and it being a different camera. That's a big issue. I assume that's one reason we have yet to have success with the queue.

guest84672

Are you opening or importing the bip file? When you open the bip file, the camera shouldn't change.