Main Menu

Diamond jewelry Rendering

Started by Ronak, July 19, 2017, 02:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronak

Need suggestion for Hdri for diamond and metal like which hdri should i use to achieve this type of rendering specially for diamond

Will Gibbons

What have you tried so far? Providing some more information will generally get you better responses from people here. Also, please avoid posting your questions in multiple places on this forum.

myteax

Can someone please help. I also have issues trying to achieve this. Thank you.

Ronak

This is what i achived you can see my ring images and looking further for this video rendering https://youtu.be/zu0WACJevWE?list=PLEA5628C5BF6C6912

myteax

Quote from: Ronak on December 05, 2017, 05:34:21 AM
This is what i achived you can see my ring images and looking further for this video rendering https://youtu.be/zu0WACJevWE?list=PLEA5628C5BF6C6912

How did you achieve this, What HDRI did you use. please help

fario

wow i am very impressed!

It's the most beautiful jewelery animation I've seen.

Could you describe us your methodology and what software used?

Antoine

Ronak

even i am searching for this, that how to achieve this type of animation

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Ronak on December 06, 2017, 01:36:02 AM
even i am searching for this, that how to achieve this type of animation

That is indeed one piece of beautiful animation!
Although I don't know what specific software and methods used, I know that there's not an easy to follow step by step instruction for this :)

Creating work like that is more than just using the 'right' tool. It is a combination of a high level of skills in a bunch of different areas like 3D modelling, lighting, material work, animation, camera work, composition, staging and post production. One need to have a trained eye for each of those to create something similar to that.

My best advice would be to analyse each shot in the animation and look (deeply) at how the scene is staged, what models does the shot contain, how is the shot composed, what does the materials look like, how does the parts move, how does the camera move, what elements might be added in post, etc. By deconstructing and understanding every single element of the shot, you can start replicate (be inspired by) them and get a sense of what is needed to create an animation like that.

Just my 2 cents :)

Will Gibbons

I believe the OP is asking how they can achieve what is in the animation, not claiming that they created this animation.

That said, it's beautiful.

Esben is 100% correct that there's lots of work that goes into something like this and likely a number of software tools.

Things I can see that stand out on this animation are:

- Smooth playback (likely rendered at 30 or 60 fps.
- Controlled tone mapping (likely rendered at 16 or 32 bits and then tone-mapped in editing software)
- Selective bloom (also probably made easier by working with 32-bit images to select exposure range)
- Could be caustics, but looks like there are some subtle imperfections on the metal's surface
- Very crisp, likely some sharpness added in post
- Completely noise-free (must have taken ages to render)
- Carefully-controlled DoF throughout the animation
- Probably a bit of color correction

I'd love to know what they charged to produce this. It's an impressive animation.

Will Gibbons

Also, watch this video to learn from Dries, how to create nice Jewelry renderings if you have not already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLe--0loWU

Ronak

http://art-pix.co.il/jewelry/

they produce the animation which i have shown earlier

Esben Oxholm

Great analysis, Will!

It is also worth to notice that the video is the result of 12 peoples work. Probably with specialized skills in their own area.
Not saying that one person couldn't do this. Just underlining the massive amount of practice and experience needed to do something like this :)

mattjgerard

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 14, 2017, 08:41:30 AM
Great analysis, Will!

It is also worth to notice that the video is the result of 12 peoples work. Probably with specialized skills in their own area.
Not saying that one person couldn't do this. Just underlining the massive amount of practice and experience needed to do something like this :)

This is often overlooked. I've always been a one man band of sorts, and its almost frustrating to not be able to put out this sort of work. I was able to come close to something this amazing a few years ago, but it was the result of months and months of work.  So much detail and nuance that one person would be hard pressed to be able to encompass all the necessary disciplines and eye. Not saying it can't be done, but yeah, for commercial purposes this sort of thing is team based most often. I've lost jobs to other agencies because of this sort of thing. Which is fine, its not my wheelhouse.