Main Menu

KS7 Contribution

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 26, 2017, 03:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

I haven't got a chance to play around as much with KS7 as I originally wanted, but I thought I'd share a couple of my efforts.

It's really quite the upgrade. The added automatically generated passes is really a time saver for my workflow. Finally being able to automatically generate the AO-pass for instance is so lovely!

The newly added clody plastic material is also extremely nice, as pointed out by others. It's utilized here in the first image to create the silicone earbuds.

Andrzej Orzecki

You absolutely ruined my system with that passat shot...I have no words and let this remain as my comment:)

Despot

Beautiful stuff Magnus, but you already know that ;)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Andrzej Orzecki on July 26, 2017, 05:33:54 AM
You absolutely ruined my system with that passat shot...I have no words and let this remain as my comment:)
Hah! Cheers Andrzej! That's very much appreciated.

Quote from: Despot on July 26, 2017, 06:27:56 AM
Beautiful stuff Magnus, but you already know that ;)
Well it's always nice to hear it anyway! I greatly appreciate it, John :)

NM-92

Love the headphones. That material looks very promising.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on July 26, 2017, 02:34:16 PM
Love the headphones. That material looks very promising.
Cheers Nicolas! It certainly is. Only thing is that I would need to upgrade my hardware to be able to fully experiment with it. Patience required.

jet1990

the car image is really messing with my mind. I dont think ive ever seen realism like it from a keyshot render.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: jet1990 on July 28, 2017, 05:25:02 AM
the car image is really messing with my mind. I dont think ive ever seen realism like it from a keyshot render.
Thank you! Quite the compliment :)

Hossein Alfideh

I don't know how I missed this!  ???
It's always pleasing to see your work.That car image looks more realistic than a real photo specially with those water drops on it.I love it.
great work Magnus!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 30, 2017, 11:50:16 PM
I don't know how I missed this!  ???
It's always pleasing to see your work.That car image looks more realistic than a real photo specially with those water drops on it.I love it.
great work Magnus!
Cheers Hossein! Greatly appreciate it. Nice to hear from you :)

rfollett

wow! the detail in the car shot is outstanding...

Robb63

Holy Crap! That car shot is amazing.
How the heck did you do that water? The water streaking is unreal in it's realism. Is that modeled, or mapped?

Masoud Zangi

I think the cameras try to simulate your work !!! Absolutely insane beautiful realistic renders .Well done!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: rfollett on August 01, 2017, 03:16:54 PM
wow! the detail in the car shot is outstanding...
Thank you!

Quote from: Robb63 on August 01, 2017, 06:55:09 PM
Holy Crap! That car shot is amazing.
How the heck did you do that water? The water streaking is unreal in it's realism. Is that modeled, or mapped?
Thanks a bunch Robb! It's greatly appreciated.
The water is a roughness mapped pass actually. But I made two beauty passes; one with a water drop roughness, and one without. Then it's simply a matter of putting the roughness pass on the top of the smooth one, and use a variety of photoshop erase brushes on the roughness pass to mimic the water streaking.

Quote from: Masoud Zangi on August 01, 2017, 11:56:24 PM
I think the cameras try to simulate your work !!! Absolutely insane beautiful realistic renders .Well done!
Hah! Thanks a lot man :)

ace cool

That VW render is really awesome i got words to explain  :)