Move texture tool greyed out in Keyshot 7

Started by joebie, August 04, 2017, 09:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebie

Hi,

My office just upgraded to Keyshot 7 floating license, running on Windows 10 pro, version # is 7.0.434.
I'm not able to use the "move texture" tool on any textures or labels, it appears to be greyed out and unclickable. It doesn't seem to make a difference what filetype I'm using for labels, (jpeg, png), further I don't seem to be able to move any textures on pre-loaded library materials either (fabric mesh, metal textures, etc).
Is there a setting or something I'm missing to enable this? It seems like in 7 there is no longer slider controls for labels so I can't move it at all without this.

Thanks!
(Can't upload file because of NDA restrictions, sorry)

Rex

Hey Joebie,

This will happen when you call the material directly from the in-project materials list. Please pick the material you wish to edit from the real-time view or scene tree in order to have access to the move texture function.

Thanks!

joebie

Quote from: Rex on August 04, 2017, 02:15:58 PM
Hey Joebie,

This will happen when you call the material directly from the in-project materials list. Please pick the material you wish to edit from the real-time view or scene tree in order to have access to the move texture function.

Thanks!

Hi Rex,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately right clicking from the scene tree and selecting "edit material", or right clicking from the realtime view still won't give the the move tool. I'm still unable to position labels at all in some scenes, while others it seems to work fine (just as it did 100% of the time in Keyshot 6). I can't seem to be able to figure out what if anything is different between different .bip files where the move tool is inactive. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

(Edited to add: it seems like copying and pasting the material with a label from the part I was trying to position it on to another piece of geometry in the scene gives me the active move tool again, but then copying back to the original part deactivates it. Is there a reason some geometry would have this function and not others? These are all Solidworks and STP files.)

Rex

Hey Joebie,

The issue is the linked material with labels across multiple objects. The Mapping Tool doesn't known which object to reference.

Was this a scene created in KeyShot 7 or was it brought over from 6? If from 6, did you 'Upgrade to new node'?

joebie

It's a new scene in Keyshot 7. I've tried unlinking the material, I've also tried just dropping in an entirely new material, still no luck.

Rex

Are the materials you are dropping saved from 6 or are they new ones that came with KeyShot 7? Maybe you could send a screen recording so I can follow the steps exactly?

joebie

Mike J

I have the same issue and tried all of the above but didn't work.

However a work around is to go to the scene item tree and navigate to the part you want to apply the label. Right click it there and then 'edit material' the move texture tool becomes usable. Odd but worked for me, hope it does for you too

soren

It should work in the next update (soon).

Søren

mattjgerard

I just want to say that the response rate in dealing with bugs is amazing. I haven't seen another software developer that interacts so closely and often with its users and responds quickly not with excuses but with fixes and revisions.

Bravo, ya'll!

krembo99

I have the same problem
scene was creted in KS6 , but the specific object and material were both created in KS7. ( Directly add geometry->Cube )
The scene indeed includes a lot of linked materials, but none of them has nothing to do with the specific problematic object ...
None of the above mentioned workarounds helped ..