Backface Culling?

Started by Paleohunter, August 04, 2017, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hstokholm

Esben: Looks like you are using the wrong brackets around the "true" value. It can happen when using TextEdit.

cjwidd

Quote from: DriesV on September 20, 2017, 02:42:50 AM
I just tested this with the EDU version and experimental features work perfectly after editing the xml file.
Are you sure you saved the xml file and that you weren't running KeyShot while making the change?

Dries

I'm really not sure what to say, I agree it is unusual. I checked the file in two different text editors - just to be sure - and the bool for experimental features is set to true. The file was edited outside of Keyshot while Keyshot was closed. The 'surface backside mask' utility node does not appear in the material graph drop-down menu. Is there is some other set of conditions (e.g. settings that need to be enabled) that I'm unaware of?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: hstokholm on September 20, 2017, 03:41:45 AM
Esben: Looks like you are using the wrong brackets around the "true" value. It can happen when using TextEdit.

Thanks! That was exactly the case. Now it works. Good catch!

cjwidd

The KS7Settings.xml was stored in C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 7, not in the default Documents folder. I adjusted the file and the experimental features are now available.