SONY Playstation 4 (Keyshot 7)

Started by Benny L, August 08, 2017, 06:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny L

I'm a gamer so I've really enjoyed rendering this piece. Decided to try out some cloudy material on some small pieces on the PS4.

I've owned my PS4 for a few years now but observing it closely while rendering this piece made me realized so much details I would've never seen if I hadn't pay attention, like the subtle dots textures on the under side of the dualshock 4 controller. Good times.

Please feel free to share your feedback and critique!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Simply awesome. Really love the detail you've put in this.

The only thing I can't fully decide (which is highly knitpicking), is whether or not the fingerprint below the controller is looking a wee bit flat, or if it's a good representation of how it actually would look like. But to emphasize: it looks great to me!

Benny L

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on August 08, 2017, 06:47:58 AM
Simply awesome. Really love the detail you've put in this.

The only thing I can't fully decide (which is highly knitpicking), is whether or not the fingerprint below the controller is looking a wee bit flat, or if it's a good representation of how it actually would look like. But to emphasize: it looks great to me!

Good observation, I was debating and couldn't decide whether it needs to be darker/lighter on the gloss part of PS4, or whether I need to increase/decrease bump height. Perhaps I should google search up some reference images.

Despot

Yeah, lovely render, nice plastics and the rubber joysticks are spot on... I'm with the esteemed Mr Skogsfjord on the fingerprint, maybe it should be slightly deformed, it seems too uniform - but again, great render :)

Despot

Ha ! just realised who you are, you're the Coke guy ;)

Benny L

Quote from: Despot on August 08, 2017, 09:36:21 AM
Yeah, lovely render, nice plastics and the rubber joysticks are spot on... I'm with the esteemed Mr Skogsfjord on the fingerprint, maybe it should be slightly deformed, it seems too uniform - but again, great render :)

Haha thanks, now that you and Magnus mentioned it, i think it confirmed my initial doubt so I will do another take on it and see what I can do to fix it.

Quote from: Despot on August 08, 2017, 09:37:39 AM
Ha ! just realised who you are, you're the Coke guy ;)

Haha does it have to do with my profile pic or I'm missing something here ?

Despot

QuoteHaha does it have to do with my profile pic or I'm missing something here ?

no, your KS7 testimonial on the 'What's New' page here:

https://www.keyshot.com/features/whats-new/

Benny L

Quote from: Despot on August 08, 2017, 10:33:30 AM
QuoteHaha does it have to do with my profile pic or I'm missing something here ?

no, your KS7 testimonial on the 'What's New' page here:

https://www.keyshot.com/features/whats-new/

Nice!

Benny L

After some feedback, here's a version with a more realistic fingerprint; did some gradient and grunge texture on top so it's not too uniform.

Feel free to share thoughts and feedback!

Will Gibbons

Nils Piirma

looks awesome with the LED's. Nice work Benny!

Benny L

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 08, 2017, 12:53:59 PM
Nailed it! This one's a keeper!

Thanks! See you soon!

Quote from: Nils Piirma on August 10, 2017, 04:24:48 AM
looks awesome with the LED's. Nice work Benny!
Thanks! and great car renders btw!

Benny L

Nothing fancy, just a comparison shot of the real PS4 controller and the render to get the textures right on the underside (You might need to zoom in for the texture at the bottom)

Will Gibbons

Great comparison. I'd consider increasing the size and bump height of your textures on the rendering so they read a bit better.

rembem

Looks great! One small comment, the blue led on the console is now high gloss blue. If it's light you can't see any reflection. And I like the led fading away on the PS4 so maybe you can show that. I know it's a pain in the ass but the blue on the controller is more aqua instead of blue ....... I've the same problems with rendering blue light. Overall it's a damn nice render .......