KS6 file could it be opened to KS7

Started by Samantha_Kao, August 08, 2017, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha_Kao

hi there,

may I ask that KS6 file could it be opened to KS7?
many thanks.

Samantha

DriesV

Yes, this is perfectly possible.
All assets will come in as they are defined in KeyShot 6. Viewsets and Scene Sets are converted automatically to Studios when opening old scenes in KeyShot 7.

Dries

TGS808

Maybe worth noting (if it isn't obvious) but once the KS6 file is opened in KS7 and saved, it can no longer be opened in KS6. It has to be opened in KS7 going forward.

Samantha_Kao

May I ask you, should we open keyshot7 's file to v5 to open and edit?
I had tried, it doesn't work.
am I correct?

if yes, do you have any way to resolute it?
thank you!

Samantha

guest84672

All KeyShot scenes saved in previous versions will open in KeyShot 7. If you have a scene that doesn't open please send it to support@luxion.com.

Samantha_Kao

All KeyShot scenes saved in previous versions will open in KeyShot 7. If you have a scene that doesn't open please send it to support@luxion.com.

Yes, i get it, how about keyshot7 scenes open in Keyshot 5 ?
due to our customer had keyshot5 but they would receive the file from Keyshot7, they couldnt open it?
is that normal? the only way is upgrade from 5 to 7, then could able to edit and revise right?

many thanks

designgestalt

I would second that!
I understand, that a project from a newer version cannot be opened in an older version.

but it would be great to be able to create a legacy file or at least to be able to import a new project into an old verison, though loosing all features from the newer versions!

designgestalt

guest84672

Correct, KeyShot files are not backwards compatible. We do this for a reason. For example, none of the new materials would show up in a previous version.

TGS808

Quote from: Samantha_Kao on October 23, 2017, 09:10:11 PM

Yes, i get it, how about keyshot7 scenes open in Keyshot 5 ?

many thanks

I gave the answer to this last August. Scroll up. It's the third post here.