Realistic wood tutorial

Started by zooropa, August 15, 2017, 06:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I am constantly working with wood in my products (real life). I would like to give a try to keyshot to make a nice photorealistic wood look. In the past I rendered some furniture using modo. This time since my blocks are coming from Solidworks and Rhino I would like to know how to achieve a photorealistic wood.
I could not find anything in keyshot resources and I can not login in the cloud library (neither the reset password works).

Regards

Bruno

Will Gibbons

If you're using KeyShot 7, the procedural wood materials provided in the library are a great starting point. If you're using KeyShot 6, you can make your own using the procedural wood. There are a few nice ones in the Cloud Library as well. I know you're having trouble logging in there. I have seen some very great ones. There's also a post floating around on this forum of some pretty impressive wood.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Bruno.

Wood takes on a lot of different appearances depending on the type of wood and manufacturing method.

Could you post a few reference images of the look you want to achieve? It might help to point you in a more specific direction.

Best,

zooropa

@Will. I am using the Student Keyshot 6 version.

@Esben. As soon as I get informed I will post which type of wood do I need to recreate (Its for a violin this time). Still is impressive your work. I found you have a stool with a great wood in your web. Is it possible to use it even if I have de educational version of KS ? I guess you used the material editor that comes included only in the professional version of Keyshot.