Seperate cameras in the geometry view

Started by mattjgerard, August 21, 2017, 01:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

I know I can pick between active, perspective and ortho cameras in the Geometry view, but it would be great to be able to create a camera, lock it and assign it to the geometry view, then I can have a locked off view of my product while using my live view to maneuver around. I usually use this for making product family setups, where there are 10-20 products on the "table" at once, and the first part is placing and creating the layout of the product.  Most other 3d apps have the option of a quad or dual view for this purpose.

Or the opposite, where i can use the geometry editor to move around and slide objects around while keeping the live viewer locked to a camera. As of right now there are no "move tool" handles in the geometry editor.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 21, 2017, 01:26:00 PM
Or the opposite, where i can use the geometry editor to move around and slide objects around while keeping the live viewer locked to a camera. As of right now there are no "move tool" handles in the geometry editor.

Hi Matt. I do this pretty often.
Sounds strange that you doesn't have any handles in the geometry editor.
If I right-click an object and selects 'move' I get the handles just as in the live view. Applies for both KS6 and KS7.

Best,