Cloudy Bathroom [Keyshot 7]

Started by Benny L, August 29, 2017, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny L

Been doing some testing with the cloudy material.  Thought it might be cool to do a shower curtain while I was taking a shower (true story)

Anywho, this took longer than I anticipated due to my lousy MBP.  Feel free to share your feedback, critique, opinion (Constructive pls)

Thanks!

MrTomB

Looks great, love the shower curtain, looks very realistic, towel on the hook is a bit of a weak point though. Overall I think it is very good

DriesV

Looks great.

Does the curtain have thickness or is it a surface? In order to leverage the cloudiness of Cloudy Plastic, the material should be applied to a part with thickness.

The curtain still looks great though. :)

Dries

mattjgerard

I think the irony of having the curtain to section off the room while having the full length window with full view of the outside (and in ) is fantastic. Makes me smile :)

Benny L

Quote from: MrTomB on August 30, 2017, 12:41:00 AM
Looks great, love the shower curtain, looks very realistic, towel on the hook is a bit of a weak point though. Overall I think it is very good

Thanks! Hmm agree that I neglected the towel a bit. I'll try to get a better hook in haha

Quote from: DriesV on August 30, 2017, 04:01:15 AM
Looks great.

Does the curtain have thickness or is it a surface? In order to leverage the cloudiness of Cloudy Plastic, the material should be applied to a part with thickness.

The curtain still looks great though. :)

Dries

It does but it's very thin I believe; ah that would make a lot of sense, perhaps that's why it's not looking how I envisioned it. Perhaps I'll find something with good amount of thickness for my next render :)

Benny L

Got some feedback and tried it with some update like the outside brightness and hook, enjoy!

Will Gibbons

Looks nice! I think the exposure on the image as a whole could be pushed even further, but it's a matter of taste. Also, the basket on the floor looks like it could be staged a bit better. Seems very squared up with the rest of the scene.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 30, 2017, 06:45:47 AM
I think the irony of having the curtain to section off the room while having the full length window with full view of the outside (and in ) is fantastic. Makes me smile :)

I have to comment on this. The last apartment I lived in was set up this way. A big full-length window on one of the shower walls... in downtown Brooklyn. Yes, there were buildings across the street. I moved in with one (not two) shower curtains. Took a shower or two before I had a chance to grab another tension rod and curtain.  ;D Quite funny.