Main Menu

wallpaper

Started by rfollett, August 31, 2017, 12:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfollett

still trying to master interior lighting....

rfollett

another...

Esben Oxholm

Hi there,

What is your main light source? It looks a bit flat.
Having a room like that, I would suspect the light to be coming through one or more windows, and thus create some shadows.

rfollett

Hi Esben.
scene just lit from HDR..

http://prntscr.com/gfoz6j

Esben Oxholm

Ah, okay.
I would probably try and close the room and have the lights come trough a bunch of window openings.
Maybe using just the HDRI and/or adding in area light planes at the windows.

I'm not too experienced with interior shots, so take the advice with a grain of salt :)

Esben Oxholm

Could you perhaps share the scene?
Would love to give it a try.

rfollett

already attached as ksp file in my post.. thank you Esben

rfollett

think original might be broken so here is another!

jet1990

as Esben said its looking a little flat. The first thing that jumps out at me is the flatness of the wooden floors. (it sort of looks as though its a vinyl applied to the floor and not actually physical wooden slats) i would create a bump map for this to add that level of realism. Also try out different HDRIs as some are really good for the interior scenes.

rfollett

when should I use Global illumination setting in the lighting panel?

jet1990

i would use it whenever i am building an interior scene.

rfollett

here is another render..

jet1990

i had a very quick play with it. I noticed straight away that it wasn't an enclosed room. Whenever recreating real world scene - i would close the walls off and have a light coming through the windows. I also placed a sphere in there to illuminate the scene a little better. the materials need changing (bump height etc) but i think it gives a more natural look to it.

rfollett

rfollett

now with closed walls and 3 light sources