Main Menu

My first one

Started by Blacktip, September 03, 2017, 12:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacktip

Soo... another trial for me to get into this 3D-business (or rather, see how far I can get when it comes to creating something virtual). I started modelling the camera, which actually is the first camera I ever owned (found it in the basement and thought it be a nice little something to recreate). Modelling tool is Fusion 360. Then, brought it into Keyshot (which I recently purchased and really think can be a super great tool when it comes to create textured and lightened scenes).

I know that there's a lot of improvement to be made in the renders, but heck... you have to start somewhere I guess.

Will Gibbons

Well-done! I really like that 2nd shot with the depth of field. It has a nice focal point. For the first shot, I'd try to see if you can adjust your lighting so the top of the camera doesn't blend into the ground plane.

Blacktip

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I know there's a lot of tweaks to be made in order to have the render pop (in lack of a better name). I have had some severe struggling getting rid of white noise/pixels at some areas. Bumping up the render passes takes most away, but then the render time skyrocketed. I need to read up on having separate high-passes set to different textures I guess. Or even better, getting a faster machine *looks at the apple website with the forthcoming iMac Pro ... *

Blacktip

But on the whole: just being able to model anything I want (well, sort of) and having found a renderer that really makes instant awesome result is a super-win for me. Thank god (or whoever's in charge) for me having found Fusion 360 and Keyshot. I hope to develop my skills dramatically within the next... uh... years. Or so.  ;D

Josh3D

Well done indeed. You are off to an excellent start and have a great eye for composition. Really looking forward to seeing more!

Blacktip

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 05, 2017, 11:49:15 AM
Well done indeed. You are off to an excellent start and have a great eye for composition. Really looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you for those kind words. I hope to be able to find time to make more things in the future.

Netraraj

Yeah me too. The second shot is really nice. I wonder what sort of work will come-out when u will be a pro.  ;D

zooropa

Looking really nice. Did you check the tutorial from Esben Oxholm regarding binoculars? I found it super useful. Coincidently binoculars and your camera share a lot of materials and textures.

Blacktip

Quote from: zooropa on September 12, 2017, 12:45:30 PM
Looking really nice. Did you check the tutorial from Esben Oxholm regarding binoculars? I found it super useful. Coincidently binoculars and your camera share a lot of materials and textures.

Thanks! I actually bought the tutorial from Esben, but didn't watch any of it (yet). I guess my result would have been better if I had :)

zooropa

Well  I am sure will add some new insights though you have a superb level, or at least I am far away from your results without help from tutorials ;)