NR7.0.456 allows negative cores to be selected???

Started by MrTomB, September 06, 2017, 02:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTomB

Any idea why this is possible or is it just an error?

Nemo

Nemo

Actually, changing cores in the worker overview / table only works in the management console. The workers cannot change the cores in their view. Which brings me to a question:

In Keyshot 6 NR we were able to change allowed cores easily in the taskbar icon. Now it is super hidden in the configuration. One has to click through at least three windows to be able to change the locally used cores. Can you please make this process easier?!

Rex

This issue has been fixed in the next update. Also included is the Worker Tray where you can easily select the number of cores. Send an email to support @luxion.com if you would like to test out this next update before it is released.

Thanks!

MrTomB

Hi Rex

Still possible of 7.1.30, see screenshot

Nemo

Quote from: Rex on September 06, 2017, 01:37:14 PM
... Also included is the Worker Tray where you can easily select the number of cores. ...

I have version 7.0.457 now. However, the worker tray icon does not give the possibility to select the number of cores (when used as regular user, without admin rights).

Morten Kristensen

Quote from: Nemo on September 07, 2017, 10:12:43 AM
I have version 7.0.457 now. However, the worker tray icon does not give the possibility to select the number of cores (when used as regular user, without admin rights).
If you have a worker running locally and you execute the worker tray then it will connect to the worker and you can set the number of cores. You don't have to be an administrator for this.

Morten Kristensen

Quote from: MrTomB on September 07, 2017, 02:32:04 AM
Still possible of 7.1.30, see screenshot

Haha.. Sorry about that. Will fix this for next 7.1 build. Thanks.

Nemo

Quote from: Morten Kristensen on September 08, 2017, 07:14:32 AM
execute the worker tray

Sorry, I was not aware I need to start a separate exe for that feature ... is there any issue with merging  the functionality with the monitor(?) tray icon?
Would make it more convenient to use