Who turned the lights on.

Started by feher, September 07, 2017, 06:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Did this over the weekend. Just playing around with materials..etc I didn't want perfect paint. I added a map on the clear coat roughness to get that imperfection on the paint. The headlamp is a texture map to get the lines then I added a scratch layer on top.(material graph)
Enjoy
Tim

Despot

Great, love it man... the imperfections are subtlely realistic.

Hossein Alfideh

Superb shot! I really like the headlamp.  :)

Josh3D

Will Gibbons

Beautiful stuff! That headlight is perfect.

Netraraj

DaStig

Really nice render .... and those details are so subtle, but photo-realistic ... great job.

Esben Oxholm

I agree with the other guys.
Perfect imperfections!

Speedster

Well, nobody has commented on the headlamp color, so I will.

Spot on!

We're so used to modern LED and halogen lamps, which are quite white, that we forget that the older ones were a warm very slight yellow, especially when the glass has aged a bit.  My 1971 VW Super Beetle has her original lamps, and it's disconcerting to be driving down a dark street at night with two little yellow "flashlights" bobbing around in front of you!

Also, I'm a big fan of an amazing magazine called Rodder's Journal- subscribed to it for years.  They have the absolutely top photographers.  I've noticed two things.  First, they almost always photograph with the headlights on, but they rewire them to six volts (if a 12) to get a warm yellow glow.  Second, they always jack up the car and rotate the wheels so all valve stems are vertical, or the hub cap logos are horizontal.

Bill G

zooropa

Excelent! So the 'nerves' from the headlamps are a map? ? wow.