Main Menu

Wrong RGB Colors?

Started by rod, September 25, 2017, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rod

I added three RGB colors to the Keyshot 7.1.36 library. All three colors were way off from what Photoshop showed so I drag and dropped the color to some model parts. Color was still off. I then clicked on blank model parts and entered the RBG values manually into diffuse and they seemed correct. I when back to the parts that I had dragged the colors to and clicked on them and discovered that the RBG values had changed when I dragged them over. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Rod

DMerz III

Interesting!

I wonder if it has something to do with automatic color correction (linear values) and gamma correction happening under the hood. In the color palette window, if you click on the gears, do you have boxes checked or unchecked? Wondering if you toggled that, would it act the same? I have mine checked.

rod

I think it's definitely a bug. I went back to Keyshot 6 and added the same RGB colors and it worked fine, even after applying the color to a model.

DriesV

Quote from: rod on September 26, 2017, 04:47:19 AM
I think it's definitely a bug. I went back to Keyshot 6 and added the same RGB colors and it worked fine, even after applying the color to a model.

You are correct. There is a bug with saving colors to the Library.
It appears that the Image Gamma is not taken into account correctly when saving colors, making the saved color darker than the original.
The issue doesn't occur if Image Gamma is 1.

Dries

Lucy

Quote from: DriesV on September 26, 2017, 06:36:00 AM
Quote from: rod on September 26, 2017, 04:47:19 AM

You are correct. There is a bug with saving colors to the Library.
It appears that the Image Gamma is not taken into account correctly when saving colors, making the saved color darker than the original.
The issue doesn't occur if Image Gamma is 1.

Dries

Did this bug get fixed do you know? I'm having the same problem still, running Keyshot 7.2.135 on a mac. I can't work out how to set the Image Gamma to 1 to fix the problem, any help appreciated!