New Product Mode (experimental)

Started by cjwidd, September 28, 2017, 05:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjwidd

Any documentation on this mode and how it differs from Product or Interior mode (Keyshot 7)?

DriesV

It has faster sampling, which is also done globally, without relying on individual material samples.
Due to the experimental status of the feature, it should not be used for production work. Support (troubleshooting) will also not be provided at this point.  :)

Dries

zooropa

Is this implemented in the last KS version ? Is it the 'product' light preset that comes ?  Or I need to do specifically something to access to this 'experimental' mode ?

DriesV

This can only be accessed by enabling experimental features through manually editing KS7Settings.xml.
It is still under development, so results may vary. My only advice is to not use it at the moment. ;)

Dries

mattjgerard

I did play with it for minute or two. Any new options I'm like a squirrel chasing shiny objects. Its pretty unpredictable, seemed to be working, then I changed the lighting somewhat and it all went goofy and couldn't get it back.

cjwidd

Just want to say I've been experimenting with the New Product Mode for a while now, and despite some hiccups here and there (unpredictable behavior), it is quite fast and is producing a fairly stable result.

EDIT: orders of magnitude faster, apparently