PNG coming from KS - Can not open in PS

Started by zooropa, September 28, 2017, 06:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi anyone experienced this 'dialog box' when trying to open a PNG file (screenshot command in KS) in PS ?

The dialog box says " Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file "

Please if anyone experienced this and knows how to solve it I will appreciate it.

Kind regards

Bruno Suraski.

Sixx

I have the same issue with version 7.1.36

I  also have an issue with screen shot and render resolutions on my Retina iMac.  When I save a screenshot (JPG) and use Preview to view it, the image is nearly double the size and all blurry.  However if I physically take a screen shot using SHIFT/COMMAND/4 the resolution is 1:1 and perfect.  Maybe it's just a Mac issue?  Very frustrating though as I can't share any of the renders or screenshots as-is.

zooropa

Quote from: Sixx on September 28, 2017, 08:56:38 AM
I have the same issue with version 7.1.36

I  also have an issue with screen shot and render resolutions on my Retina iMac.  When I save a screenshot (JPG) and use Preview to view it, the image is nearly double the size and all blurry.  However if I physically take a screen shot using SHIFT/COMMAND/4 the resolution is 1:1 and perfect.  Maybe it's just a Mac issue?  Very frustrating though as I can't share any of the renders or screenshots as-is.

Ok I was wondering why also the image does not look the same screenshot vs actual viewport ....maybe its the same...
I was wondering if photoshop is the problem ? So where to tackle this KS/OS/PS  ? ? ha

Sixx

Yes, I noticed when I take the manually created screenshot that looks good as a PNG, then try to  SAVE AS a jpg in Photoshop, the resolution gets doubled (or something) and it gets big and blurry when previewed. Looking at the info on image dimensions for both files, they're still identical, but look nothing alike when previewed...So it may be Photoshop or the Mac and not KS7 at all?

zooropa

Quote from: Sixx on September 28, 2017, 09:07:01 AM
Yes, I noticed when I take the manually created screenshot that looks good as a PNG, then try to  SAVE AS a jpg in Photoshop, the resolution gets doubled (or something) and it gets big and blurry when previewed. Looking at the info on image dimensions for both files, they're still identical, but look nothing alike when previewed...So it may be Photoshop or the Mac and not KS7 at all?

I left a post in Adobe forum. I will let you know asap when I have answers ;)