Keyshot and After Effects

Started by de49192, October 02, 2017, 04:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

de49192

Does anyone have any experience using Keyshot Animations and After Effects, what are the best settings to export an animation so that the background can be dropped out and the animation can be overlayed to another video in After Effects.  Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

I am trying to create a animation of a drone flying and then drop in aerial footage in After Effects.

Thanks

Esben Oxholm

I'll suggest to set your background to complete black and render the animation as single frames as .png with alpha channel.
Then you should be able to do what you ask for.

Hope it helps,

theAVator

Everything Esben said, plus no ground shadows. I've found working with them kinda funky when using alpha/transparency with PNG frames (self shadows are fine). 

Both AE and Premiere can import frames directly as a sequence, so it's quite handy to just use the frames instead of the video output and having to key the background out. Just make sure you are working in and exporting the same fps as you will be importing into your AE project - otherwise you get variation in your run time.

Robb63

I do this quite often. The best way I've found  is to import the frames, and not a video
Also I would render the animation as a png with the "include alpha (transparency)" checked. Be sure to make the background color as similar to the background color you will be using in AE to get them to drop out nicer.
If the spinning props will be visible on your drones, then the background color will be very important to get the correct look.