Inktober

Started by Matt Hanzly, October 06, 2017, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hanzly

With it being inktober thought of doing a render of a sketchbook. The chair is a toon render I then used as a label in the sketchbook. The french curve uses cloudy plastic.

Chair & Markers from Dimensiva.com
Pen & French Curve from Grabcad
Notebook I built in solidworks

NM-92

Wow man ! Love this. How did you do all the roughen up material on top of the pen ?

Matt Hanzly

Thanks! I used a scuff texture from poliigon as opacity map on a white diffuse label and used that scuff for the bump. Didn't repeat the texture wanted to give the feel of someone up who chews their pen. 
Quote from: NM-92 on October 06, 2017, 03:05:01 PM
Wow man ! Love this. How did you do all the roughen up material on top of the pen ?

NM-92

Quote from: Matt Hanzly on October 06, 2017, 03:13:58 PM
Thanks! I used a scuff texture from poliigon as opacity map on a white diffuse label and used that scuff for the bump. Didn't repeat the texture wanted to give the feel of someone up who chews their pen. 
Quote from: NM-92 on October 06, 2017, 03:05:01 PM

Clever appoach. Thanks for the info.

Matt Hanzly

Added another angle, and tried warming up the lighting

Josh3D

DriesV

This looks great.
I like the "cool" version best. Mainly because it clearly shows the tip of the pen has been chewed on. Nice detail. :)
The only thing that bugs me is that some of the spiral wire loops intersect the paper.

Dries

Matt Hanzly

Thanks Dries for catching that will fix it.

Quote from: DriesV on October 12, 2017, 12:28:40 AM
This looks great.
I like the "cool" version best. Mainly because it clearly shows the tip of the pen has been chewed on. Nice detail. :)
The only thing that bugs me is that some of the spiral wire loops intersect the paper.

Dries

Will Gibbons

Very impressive. I love that first image.

Matt Hanzly

Tried pushing renders I did earlier further. Built out more of a scene to tell a story, create a mood, and show a breath of the materials in Keyshot 7. Chair sketches are toon renders. I created the notebook in solidworks and found the rest of the parts. Thanks Keyshot, been fun working on something different.

Dimensiva.com: Keyboard, Copics, Flow Chair
GrabCad: Cup, French Curve, Iphone

Materials Used
French Curve:Cloudy Plastic
Chair: Toon
Pen: Cloudy Plastic
Paper: See Graph

Matt Hanzly

full scene

Matt.Kinsington

That first one you did was amazing.  Very photo-real to my eyes.  It's my favorite of the bunch. 
Wish you well in the contest!

Matt Hanzly

Thanks Matt!

Quote from: Matt.Kinsington on October 18, 2017, 02:45:42 AM
That first one you did was amazing.  Very photo-real to my eyes.  It's my favorite of the bunch. 
Wish you well in the contest!

Eric Summers

Wow, that's one heck of a Mat Graph! That must have been tricky to keep it all organized.

I really like the angle of the second image, it's a nice composition.