The Card Gardener. My ZBrush Summit 2017 Sculpt Off Entry

Started by SteveTalkowski, October 09, 2017, 08:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTalkowski

I had a blast participating in my 2nd ZBrush Sculpt Off last Thursday! Here are my results, along with initial sketches showing my thought process, and more refined KeyShot renders.

cjwidd

Love the concept. Out of curiosity, what was the polycount when you brought the mesh into Keyshot? Did you retopo?

Josh3D

SteveTalkowski

Quote from: cjwidd on October 09, 2017, 10:34:05 PM
Love the concept. Out of curiosity, what was the polycount when you brought the mesh into Keyshot? Did you retopo?

Thank you! The poly count was very reasonable at 1,593,064. See attached images for my lo-res version inside ZBrush. I typically always model in a low poly, box-modeling methodology, knowing that I can send over to KeyShot with Dynamic Subdivision set to ON and applying the level of Subdivision Levels as I send over. If you don't have the KeyShot to ZBrush bridge, you can simply manually subdivide the subtools prior to an FBX export and this will give you the same results. The only retopology I did was for the head/shoulder sphere after I used Live Booleans, and for the red paint pieces, however, at the contest, I just sent them over subdivided. Post contest, I went back in and reshaped the dynameshed geometry and used ZRemesher to retopologize.

SteveTalkowski

Quote from: Josh Mings on October 10, 2017, 09:34:40 AM
Ha! Love the club cape idea :)

Thx Josh! Next up, gotta get my entry in for the new materials challenge!  :)

cjwidd

Thank you for the detailed description, that is very helpful. Well done!

rembem