Main Menu

Perlman

Started by leemale, October 18, 2017, 12:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leemale

This is an updated version of my previous Ron Perlman image from a while back; this time entirely rendered using Keyshot and composited in PS.
I always felt I wanted to improve a bunch of things as well as make the final image a bit larger than originally rendered.
The original was created using MentalRay, but the slow iterative test-render process, coupled with limited processing power at the time meant I was forced to make a lot of compromises first time around
Keyshot allowed my to make realtime tweaks (textures/ materials /lighting etc), so it felt a lot less frustrating to work on this time

DriesV

Very cool.

More, please! ;D

Dries

leemale

Will Gibbons

leemale

Josh3D

Absolutely love this. My fav will always be the Beastie Boys tribute, but this is a close second ;-)

leemale

Thanks Josh, -I'm glad you remembered the Beasties one! -It was actually used as one of the event posters for last year's MCA day in Brooklyn.

NM-92

Quote from: Josh Mings on October 18, 2017, 07:43:11 AM
Absolutely love this. My fav will always be the Beastie Boys tribute, but this is a close second ;-)

Yeah, that one was sick ! This one is pretty nice also, but i see some things that can be improved, mainly the scale of some textures, like the seat leather, or the asphalt. Lighting looks great anyways. Nice job !

tanghao

Really interesting.Please show more.

leemale

NM-92: Thanks for the feedback!
tanghao: You can find more on my Artstation page : https://www.artstation.com/leemale