Adding a custom watermark as a default setting.

Started by guspottinger, October 18, 2017, 03:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guspottinger

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to add a custom watermark to all renders and animations outputted in keyshot?

i.e. i want to output consistently with a company watermark in the corner or across the image with the ability to turn it off when i am creating final images. Is this a possibility to do within keyshot or will this always have to be done in post processing in photoshop?

Thanks

mattjgerard

My opinion is that it would be best to leave to photoshop, a set of quick actions can be made to add it to a single image at a time, or you could batch process a folder of images to add it using the same action.

It also depends on if you are doing any PS work on images, or if you kick them out of Keyshot and consider them done. IF that's the case, you could concievably make a plane object with the watermark added as a diffuse material (use a png with transparency), and save that plane as its own keyshot project. Then it can be imported into any other keyshot project. This import could probably be done with scripting, but someone above my pay grade will have to address the scripting side of things.

1) Do you do photoshop work on all images anyway? Then do it in PS with an action and batch processing.
2) No photoshop work on any/most images? Add it in KS using the plane/project/import method.

Unless I'm totally missing the "add watermark as default" checkbox , then ignore all of the above.

guspottinger

Thanks mattjgerard,

Didn't think on the side of creating a hidden plane. Clever work around. I do post processing but on final images this is for test images going to clients so that they aren't mistaken for final images and on certain projects there can be alot of them so i wondered if there was an easier way then editing all of them in photoshop if i'm not working on them anyway.

Thanks for your input, i'l be sure to ask more questions on the forum from now on :)

Cheers

DMerz III

:D Another option would to make a texture that is mapped to the 'Camera' setting. (instead of using Box mapping, etc.) This would place a texture that is visible no matter where your camera is pointed, it will always be the same perspective. Imagine taking a sticker and placing it on your camera lens, that's what this will do.

People have used this to add "dust and scratches' to their render.

Hope that helps.

INNEO_MWo

I would change the startup.bip with a backplane image (watermark) and save this. Or change the default bip in the settings.

Speedster

I always watermark proofs until the client has approved them, or has paid for them, depending... I just have a placeholder .psd that I copy and paste in post.  Very fast and simple, and easy to remove after a decision and/or $$$!
Bill G

mattjgerard

Quote from: DMerz III on October 20, 2017, 01:10:18 PM
:D Another option would to make a texture that is mapped to the 'Camera' setting. (instead of using Box mapping, etc.) This would place a texture that is visible no matter where your camera is pointed, it will always be the same perspective. Imagine taking a sticker and placing it on your camera lens, that's what this will do.

People have used this to add "dust and scratches' to their render.

Hope that helps.

This is actually a good idea, but would it have to be applied to one of the materials in the scene? Or is there a way to attach it directly to the camera itself?

DMerz III

Here's a demonstration. Works even better when you have an animation and don't have time to do any post.
mattjgerard, as far as I know you wouldn't be able to attach it to the camera directly but one (or more objects)

Create a label on one of your objects (or multiple if necessary), make that label your watermark layer and set mapping type to Camera. You'll get this:

See Image below and Animation for an example straight out of Keyshot.

The downside to this is you are rendering this watermark baked in, if you need to remove it from the image, you'll need a new rendering...but if you're just sending lower res proofs for approval, this should save you a step of post.

guspottinger

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the ideas i have a few to try out now really appreciate it. Also very interesting idea to have a stock label to apply with view to camera and tile. Helps with people trying to crop out water marks.

Great guys thank you!