Various Models - Manometer

Started by NM-92, October 18, 2017, 12:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hey there. I grabbed some models i've made at work. They are all done in Solidworks/Rhinoceros. I'll post them here since there's no use making a thread for each one. First one is a close up of a Dwyer Manometer (Rhinoceros). I thought i could give a shot to cloudy plastics to try and simulate a fluid. Cloudy plastic for the fluid and capsule, metal for the bubble. I did encountered some fireflyes/artifacts in the process, still don't know how to solve them. Anyways i consider this one done. I'll upload the ones i can render within the deadline. Cheers !

DMerz III

Ouu that's nice, I really like the use of the cloudy material here. Wonderfully done!

garabellomatias24

NM-92

Quote from: DMerz III on October 18, 2017, 12:37:21 PM
Ouu that's nice, I really like the use of the cloudy material here. Wonderfully done!

Quote from: garabellomatias24 on October 18, 2017, 01:05:45 PM
Simply amazing!

Thank you !

mattjgerard

Dries was saying in another thread to look at the saturation of the transmission and/or cloudyness colors in the cloudy plastic material. Not to go over 30% saturation in HSV color mode, and that should help with the sparkles-

From <https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=20103.0;topicseen>

NM-92

Quote from: mattjgerard on October 19, 2017, 09:51:43 AM
Dries was saying in another thread to look at the saturation of the transmission and/or cloudyness colors in the cloudy plastic material. Not to go over 30% saturation in HSV color mode, and that should help with the sparkles-

From <https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=20103.0;topicseen>

Thanks for the tip. I checked all plastic color values and they are all below 50% in the saturation slider. Tried changing the lighting and HDRI but still they are present, sometimes more, sometimes less, but there they are. Different lighting settings presets applied also, but no luck.

DriesV

The Transparency Distance sort of "multiplies" the Transmission color.
So even when the Transmission color has a fairly low saturation, the result in the scene can still be quite saturated if the Transparency Distance is low enough.
The noise is more likely to occur for opaque looking cloudy plastics, but from the looks of it, that is not the case here.

You can always send me the model if you want me to have a look. :)
PM or https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ works best.

Dries

NM-92

Quote from: DriesV on October 19, 2017, 11:31:54 AM
The Transparency Distance sort of "multiplies" the Transmission color.
So even when the Transmission color has a fairly low saturation, the result in the scene can still be quite saturated if the Transparency Distance is low enough.
The noise is more likely to occur for opaque looking cloudy plastics, but from the looks of it, that is not the case here.

You can always send me the model if you want me to have a look. :)
PM or https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ works best.

Dries

Well, that worked. I've set the transparency distance to 0,1 (it was lower) and increased the cloudiness all the way to 1. All artifacts are completely gone. I can still use the Reflection and Refraction passes to achieve the glowing look (i've used them for the previous render), so, problem solves. Thanks for the input Dries.

There's a screen cap attached showing the same scene with no artifacts at all.

NM-92

I made another shot with this model, this time is the complete product. Again, I made use of Met. Paint, Cloudy Plastics and Metals. I found Metallic Paint quite useful to simulate some high gloss metalized plastics. Instead of showing off the flakes, i try to hide them playing with roughness. I find this style very difficult to reproduce with plastic materials. Using the reflection/refraction passes was extremely useful to make the transparent materials pop a bit more. Done with this model, i'll see if i can use another one.

Hossein Alfideh

NM-92