Help!!! Keyshot crashes while working on this material

Started by fa2020, October 26, 2017, 10:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fa2020

Hi,
When I try to add more than one label material into the main material (Blending materials), KeyShot hangs or even crashes. This happen when I put the lighting mode to "Product". When I choose "product" lighting setting, real-time render gets heavy and even hangs. Rendering the final image is also takes way too long at this material setting.
My system specification is:
CPU: Core i7 4.0 GHZ 4790K
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ
GPU: AMD RADEON R9 280 - 3GB GDDR5
Windows 10 pro
KeyShot 7.1 pro
Please guide me why this happens and how I can solve this issue.
I tried this type of material over some other models too but nothing differed.
Please help me.
Thanks.

guest84672

We have fixed some issues in 7.1.51. Are you running that version already?

fa2020

Quote from: thomasteger on October 26, 2017, 11:36:28 AM
No, I need to update it first and then I will inform you the result.

fa2020

Quote from: fa2020 on October 26, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
Quote from: thomasteger on October 26, 2017, 11:36:28 AM
No, I need to update it first and then I will inform you the result.
I double checked and in the version 7.1.51 it keeps crashing in such a material (when I choose "product mode" lighting preset).
You can make up such a combination of material and apply it into any model.

guest84672

fa2020

Quote from: thomasteger on October 26, 2017, 09:35:11 PM
Can you please share the scene?
Yes, Of course, there you go.
But because of the high amount of polygons which the sculpture has I applied the same material to a simple cube so uploading gets easy. When I select the "Product Mode" it hangs. Rendering is also takes too long or even crashes.

Will Gibbons

I'm running the latest Beta, so a bit newer than the version you have installed and I'm not getting any crash, in fact this material is rendering very fast... about 152 frames per second in KeyShot. Now, for some unsolicited advice, I tend to not add opacity to metal labels as it can get a bit odd. I think you could re-build this material in a simpler fashion which may speed up the way it renders.

I will try on the latest public build and report back.

fa2020

Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 27, 2017, 01:07:39 AM
I'm running the latest Beta, so a bit newer than the version you have installed and I'm not getting any crash, in fact this material is rendering very fast... about 152 frames per second in KeyShot. Now, for some unsolicited advice, I tend to not add opacity to metal labels as it can get a bit odd. I think you could re-build this material in a simpler fashion which may speed up the way it renders.

I will try on the latest public build and report back.
did you use "product" lighting preset?

guest84672

Thanks for sharing. I tried 7.1.51 and I can definitely tell that "something is going on". But no crash so far. It comes to a screeching halt it seems when trying to move the camera. Entering performance mode will solve the issue.

I will try in the latest BETA build to see what I get.

fa2020

Quote from: thomasteger on October 27, 2017, 06:43:26 AM
Thanks for sharing. I tried 7.1.51 and I can definitely tell that "something is going on". But no crash so far. It comes to a screeching halt it seems when trying to move the camera. Entering performance mode will solve the issue.

I will try in the latest BETA build to see what I get.
Also, when you hit the render button, it takes too long so you have to stop the render and give it up.
The only way to solve this issue is to put the radio button over "Colored" option instead of "Measured" in all the metal materials.

guest84672

Confirmed - even in the lastet beta build I see the same performance issues. We will look into it.

guest84672

It appears that Interior Lighting mode gives you the expected performance.