Background render window blank?

Started by mattjgerard, November 02, 2017, 09:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

So, I haven't run a rendering in the background for along while, ever since we got our network render up and running. After the flurry of updates, I ran one this morning in the background locally on my machine, and the background render window is blank. It used to show an image in process, but its not showing anything now. The files was created, and quite nicely, if I do say so myself, but it would be nice to have that preview render window functional again.

Am I missing something?

I am using the most current version.

Dan Wolf

I recently upgraded to 7.2 and I have the same issue.  While rendering, the additional render window only shows a black rectangle.  The resulting image is fine, but I can't see anything while it's rendering.

mattjgerard

Yep, I'll go and file a bug report in the bug area. I've tried everything to get it to work. Like you said the final image is fine, and I'm sure if I cancelled and saved the render in the middle of it it would be fine, but still all black render window.

Dan Wolf

A little more info... I've found this does not happen if I use the render queue.  After I fill out the options in the Render dialog, if I click the "Render" button, I get the window that stays black.  If I add a job to the queue then process the queue, the new window displays the rendering as it processes.

mattjgerard

Interesting. I'll try this today as well.