Weld Seam creation

Started by JasonM1972, November 06, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonM1972

Quote from: MWo on November 07, 2017, 10:54:08 PM
Hello Jason.

Here we go. I took some minutes. All details can be found in the attached package.

Thank Will for the inspiration to the right direction. And I also thanks Esben (even if I didn't checked your file).

I changed the color a bit just to give more control. And I used my favorite environment.

Cheers
Marco

Marco

Thanks very much for this, its really appreciated (Thanks to Will and Espen also) and I wish I could buy you a beer.

Now, I'm currently looking at your settings and applying them to my version, I need to understand how you can get there and I cant. will keep you all posted

Kind Regards

Jason

INNEO_MWo

Hello Jason

I think it would be helpful if you look into the scale (X, Y direction) from the cylindrical mapping. As Esben mentioned this needs to be fit to the geometry. If I'm right it was about 0.001 in X and 1 in Y. The values can be different if you activate the DPI option with a value of 72 (what is defined in the texture file)

I like your idea of the beer. It would be a very interesting session with Will (located in the US), Esben (located in Denmark) and you and me (from Hamburg / Germany) - but this will not happen too soon?!

Maybe you'll post your final solution.

Kind Regards

Marco

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: JasonM1972 on November 08, 2017, 04:48:34 AM
Thanks very much for this, its really appreciated (Thanks to Will and Espen also) and I wish I could buy you a beer.

Quote from: MWo on November 09, 2017, 10:35:05 AM
I like your idea of the beer. It would be a very interesting session with Will (located in the US), Esben (located in Denmark) and you and me (from Hamburg / Germany) - but this will not happen too soon?!

No problem. I can be in Hamburg on a four hour notice. Just let me know when you put the beers in the fridge ;)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on November 09, 2017, 11:07:30 AM

Quote from: MWo on November 09, 2017, 10:35:05 AM

No problem. I can be in Hamburg on a four hour notice. Just let me know when you put the beers in the fridge ;)

I wanna see this happen 8)