AMERICAN VETERANS DAY SALUTE_Using KeyShot!

Started by Doug Didia, November 10, 2017, 04:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Didia

Hi guys,
Thought I would share some recent renders this year learning Keyshot 7. Still learning. Tomorrow is American Veterans Day and I thought it fitting to find a way to say "thanks" to all who have served and sacrificed for our freedoms! I love using KeyShot to visualize messages, tell stories and invite the viewer into a world that only exists by the limits of your imagination. Thanks to GrabCad and Turbosquid for a lot of free downloads. Enjoy.

Doug Didia

NM-92

Super nice shots ! The one with the chopper looks badass. Great work.

Josh3D

Badass indeed. And a big thank you to our veterans.

Matt Hanzly

NIce job, I like the A-10 and Chopper has a video game look and feel.

theAVator

Awesome!! I love the A10! Great job on all, and right up my alley.

Just curious, is the mud on the tires in #5 modeled and/or what sort of material did you use to get the mud look and feel? Did you use maps for the other dusty tires or material graph?

Doug Didia

Thanks for the compliment. The mud and dirt on the tires are both modeled and some photoshop post work. Here is a typical approach to my render breakdowns. I call the modeled sand or mud " ONION RINGS" they can be imported, scaled and textured to suit each image. It would be much cooler if I knew modeling, Zbrush, mudbox and Substance painter, so this is more limiting. I combine region renders to get the final look I want.
Hope this helps.
Doug
https://www.behance.net/gallery/58916939/ARMY-CONVOY.

feher

You are rocking. These all look great Doug !
They all are keepers in my book.
Tim

Doug Didia

Thank Tim!!  KeyShot 7 still holds many hidden jewels for us folks still getting up to speed...looking forward to it!

KeyShot

Awesome images! We will be adding scattering media in KeyShot 8, which may help you with the smoke.

Will Gibbons

Dang, Doug! That's no small amount of work. The Fighter Jet is my favorite. Very nice.

Doug Didia

Thanks Will!  Can't wait to see KeyShot 8 possibilities in that regard. I depend on photoshop to fine tune subtle depths of field, haze, fog, smoke, values as they falloff to create a mood. Elements that can be manipulated and added to an original 32 bit render are always in my post work. On another note, I wish KeyShot 8 would also introduce " Multiple Region Renders" by holding down a shift key or something. I can't tell you how many times that would have come in handy!!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Doug Didia on November 20, 2017, 04:35:41 PM
Thanks Will!  Can't wait to see KeyShot 8 possibilities in that regard. I depend on photoshop to fine tune subtle depths of field, haze, fog, smoke, values as they falloff to create a mood. Elements that can be manipulated and added to an original 32 bit render are always in my post work. On another note, I wish KeyShot 8 would also introduce " Multiple Region Renders" by holding down a shift key or something. I can't tell you how many times that would have come in handy!!

Multiple RR... It's being considered.