Which is the fastest computer for KeyShot?

Started by ramizramo, November 30, 2017, 01:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramizramo

Hi I am new for Keyshot but need to spend alot time on this program. I have an old i5 computer and want to change for being faster. I have to take  around 10.000 render EVERYDAY. that why I need a perfect computer.

I toke some offers from a computer company and I am sharing price and tecnical speflications. If  you were at me, which computer do you chooce?

Thanks alot

DriesV

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X has almost the same performance as Intel i7 6900K. So I would pick the 3rd configuration.

Another suggestion:
Do you really need the GTX 1080 Ti graphics card?
KeyShot doesn't make use of it. It could be smart to pick a cheaper graphics card, and spend the money on an even better CPU and more RAM.
The best bang for the buck, high performance, CPU currently available is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X.

I hope this helps.

Dries

ramizramo

Thank you Dries, I am really stranger for this tecnical things. Can you constitue a FASTEST computer for me for Using keyshot Maximum performance. Thanks a lot for your attention!

And what do you think about the Mac which I posted?

Regards.

Ramiz

DriesV

Esben Oxholm, one of our users, built this machine a short while ago:
Note that the video card and memory somehow are not included in the total cost. With those added, the total would be a bit less than $3500.

See this topic for the performance of this machine in KeyShot.
272 FPS is a very nice score.
A Threadripper 1950X will be almost twice as fast as a Ryzen 1800X in KeyShot.
There are obviously even more powerful machines, but then you'll be looking at dual CPU configurations, which are much more expensive.

The Mac Pro isn't worth it, if you will primarily be doing KeyShot rendering. The hardware hasn't been updated in a long time.

Dries

Will Gibbons

The FASTEST computer for KeyShot... https://www.servethehome.com/oracle-sparc-m8-released-32-cores-256-threads-5-0ghz/ but let's be realistic.

Dries is right. AMD's got the most cost-effective solutions at the moment. I came up with this build just the other day... if you're on a tight budget and looking to build something that just excels at rendering, then you can do it very cheaply. Build a few of them if you have access to network rendering.

For $1,881 you get 32 threads of liquid cooled rendering goodness, a fast M.2 boot drive and a gaming graphics card. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XQCpyf

This should out-perform the links you posted. The CPU cooler should give you plenty of room to overclock the processor if you wish.

mattjgerard

Quote from: DriesV on November 30, 2017, 04:36:37 AM

The Mac Pro isn't worth it,

Dries

This hurts to say, but its totally true. I relish the mac environment and have lived (mostly) happily within it for over 15 years. But when I went freelance 1 year ago, I left behind my trusty dual proc heavily doctored mac pro cheese grater tower and built a PC. I still cringe at the windows interface, but that's just old habits die hard. Once I'm in my app though, I am thankful I didn't spend 3-4 times as much for the same (or worse) performance.

I would totally build a threadripper system now, and have an even faster system for even less than what I paid for my 6900k chip system.

ramizramo

Thanks a lot for your helps Guys, I decided to build this computer price 2950Usd What do you thing for taking every day 10.000 Render, Is that possible with this comuter?

İşlemci AMD Threadripper 1950X
----
Ram    Corsair 3000MHz DDR4 32GB
----
Disk    2TB HDD 7200RPM
----
SSD    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB 3200-1800MB/s
----
Ekran Kartı
Galax GTX1080 EX O.C 8GB GDDR5
---
Anakart
Asrock X399 Taichi TR4 3600MHz
----
Kasa    Aerocool Xpredator II Full Tower
----
PSU     SeaSonic Prime 850W 80+ Platinum
-----
İşlemci soğutucu
Coısair H110i 280mm Extreme

I wiil buy depends your opinions guy!

Regards

Ramo

DriesV

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 30, 2017, 07:43:53 AM
The FASTEST computer for KeyShot... https://www.servethehome.com/oracle-sparc-m8-released-32-cores-256-threads-5-0ghz/ but let's be realistic.

Btw, before anyone goes out to buy a SPARC server, those will not be able to run KeyShot. :)
You will need at least a x86 CPU, from either Intel or AMD, and supported OS (Windows or Mac). KeyShot's system requirements can be found here.

Dries

mattjgerard

start with the threadripper solutions, the stuff around the CPU is all variable as to waht you pick. Just know you don't need a huge GFX card unless you have other uses for the computer. if that seems to work but you need to scratch that itch of more and more FPS, then look into building another machine for rendering. If you can justify the cost of the network render server license, I'd highly recommend it. We've had a sinple 32 core machine running non-stop beign fed by 2 artists and just being able to offload the renders to a separate (albeit slower) box allows me to keep working on the next project to feed it. And now with rendering many XR's that is becoming more of an issue.

The IT guys and gals here are already looking to what would be the best rackmount solution for us, and I am trying to get them to upgrade our workstations so we can do look development that much faster. A simply built TR system for about $2k (one third the cost of the box I'm working on now) would more than double my local workstation performance. That makes me sad, as I know they won't ever let me build my own workstation. They will have to source it from thier own vendor, which means HP or Lenovo for 3x the price.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DriesV on December 04, 2017, 10:44:49 AM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 30, 2017, 07:43:53 AM

Btw, before anyone goes out to buy a SPARC server, those will not be able to run KeyShot. :)
You will need at least a x86 CPU, from either Intel or AMD, and supported OS (Windows or Mac). KeyShot's system requirements can be found here.

Dries

Haha, sorry! I didn't mean for this to be taken seriously... thanks for calling this out Dries. I see how this could be taken seriously.

ramizramo

Hello Guys, I ordered my computer and finially it came to my hand after 3 weeks:/ I was very excited until start to use keyshot on my new computer.

I was using 7 years old , Intel i5  computer and the computer was slow. İt was taking each render around 30 seconds, when I tryed my new computer Ryzen 1950x , render time was same, I couldnt take good quality as faster than my i5. same quality-same time. I have doubt maybe I have to change same settings.

I bought the my new computer because I have to take everyday 10.000 render. But now its not looking possible.

Can you give me any tip , any reccomend for that?

I am adding my new computer techical detail, shoould I change same part or something ?

When I do render time around 20 second quality is being not good. And you told me that before and also keyshout technical service told me that all about CPUf for Keyshot so coulndt understand the reasonn :/

>:(

Esben Oxholm

If you open up the benchmark scene on your old and new system (see guide here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=859.0 ), do you see a difference in the FPS?

Cheers,