Keyshot with Remote Desktop Connection

Started by Gert Noels, June 08, 2011, 06:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert Noels

Hi,

When I work from home (on a laptop), I use Remote Desktop Connection a lot to access my desktop at work. I use several programs, even Pro/Engineer works fine. But when I start up Keyshot from home on my desktop at work, it's impossible to continue working, probably because Keyshot is refreshing constantly the screen and Remote Desktop Connection cannot handle this. In the Task Manager, I changed the priority of the process for Keyshot into "BelowNormal", but without success. Is there a way to solve this or is the only option switching the license to home (but the data I need is all on my desktop at work...)

Thanks,
Gert

cranston

I ran KeyShot using RealVNC from home last night. It worked decently.  I usually have to lower the color depth, so working on final renders may be a little hard.  But I think it would work well for doing initial setup.  I was using the latest pay version of RealVNC.  The free version may behave differently.  I have a 2.5 Mbps DSL connection.  A higher speed should let you set the color depth higher.

www.realvnc.com

-Brian Cranston

Gert Noels

Brian,

Thanks for your tip. I tried the free version from RealVNC, but actions like rotating is also very bad. Maybe I have to play with some settings.
Thanks anyway.

Robert V.

I often use dropbox on my notebook and my phone to operate keyshot when I'm not at home.

Works like a charm!

Josh3D

It's going to depend partly on your connection. With everything I've tried, there's always a little bit of a delay. You could try to turn down all your realtime settings in the options. Really, it would be nice to have the option to turn off raytracing.