New to Keyshot, first proper render

Started by Weezer, December 05, 2017, 07:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Free Jeep model, imported into C4D (didn't really do very much there) then completely textured and rendered in Keyshot 7 using an HDRI from HDRI Haven. That's it – just very pleased with the results!

Josh3D

Hey there, welcome! You're off to a great start. Did you miss the rope up front? Some rougher texture on the seats may help age it a little. Looking good though.

kiarash.tamizkar

absolutely nice composition may be using some normal map on model avoid to surface material looks so flat like this.. ;)

Weezer

There is a texture on the rope, it's got a bit lost in the lighting, and there is a bump map for some dents, but I thought the surface of a military Jeep would be quite grubby and dusty rather than glossy. Take your point about the seats – fiddled with them for ages and couldn't get them looking how I wanted!

Eric Summers

Nicely done! That's a pretty good camo pattern. I think the seats are a little too "clean" looking for the rest of the Jeep. To Josh's point, I think aging the seats would help them fit with the rest of the Jeep. Looking forward to seeing more of this scene!

mattjgerard

looks fantastic for a first "proper" render! my only comment is one that I fought for a long time when I first started is that the camera looks a bit too wide angle for the backplate. I think KS defaults to a 35mm focal length, but I usually bump mine up to 50 at least and most of the time into the 80-100 range. I do a lot of interior warehouse backdrop stuff, so matching that backplate has become a bit of an art/guessing game for me.

Weezer

Okay, quick update with new backdrop. Was a good way to learn KeyShot and its various texturing quirks!