Rhino to Keyshot: Some parts do not appear

Started by archi, December 06, 2017, 05:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archi

Hi everyone

I 3d modelled this chair in Rhino 5 and later I imported the model into KeyShot. However I realized that a part of it is missing in KeyShot. The missing piece is a single surface with curvy edges.

How can I make it visible in Keyshot? I'm adding screenshots in the attachment

Thanks

Öner

there are a few reason for this. one of them is to make layer off, maybe you hide that object in rhino and saved the file.  and check the model by select bad object in rhino, and finally you need to make it again because your model's surface seems like complicated.  make it simple.

cheers

PeterSwift

is there any way of knowing? Would love some diagnostic tool for this. So annoying when you import a step file and then it's missing or weird surfaces appear. Would be nice with a warning in the program.

Öner

please write  "selbadobjects" as a command in rhinoceros and you will see the bad objects or you can send the file which inclueds specially that part.  cheers.

mr12am

This has been a problem for a long time, and now I try to avoid using the plug-in

krembo99

I can not say with 100% accuracy, because I do not have the file to verify, and there can be a lot of factors that can cause this . You might want to attach the file so we could have a look at it .

But Since this is only a surface, It could be an issue of the normal direction.
Please check in rhino the directions of all normals and flip them if necessary. also make sure there are no materials applied ( one sided ? )

Another ( better ) alternative is to give width to the surface.
.. after all, in real physical world scenario there is no surfaces without width, and keyshot aims to be physically correct and by my understanding, is working with correct physics laws.