Black outline from mix 2 materials.

Started by Hask, December 17, 2017, 08:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hask

Hello. When I mix 2 materials through a mask I get a strange black outline. How to remove it?
Thanks!

Will Gibbons

Why are you using the Advanced material? From the looks of it, a simpler material such as plastic or paint will work just fine. If you try this same approach with a simpler material, I think it will work.

Generally, the issue can come from layering transparent materials. Advanced is often used when creating transparent materials. KeyShot's Material Graph does not support using transparent materials as labels and it can cause to issues such as you ran into.

Let me know if the proposed solution works.

Hask

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 18, 2017, 08:03:41 AM
Why are you using the Advanced material? From the looks of it, a simpler material such as plastic or paint will work just fine. If you try this same approach with a simpler material, I think it will work.

Generally, the issue can come from layering transparent materials. Advanced is often used when creating transparent materials. KeyShot's Material Graph does not support using transparent materials as labels and it can cause to issues such as you ran into.

Let me know if the proposed solution works.
It works. Thank you.