The rendering process is somehow strange.

Started by Nexus, December 21, 2017, 07:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexus

Hello guys!  :)
The rendering process is somehow strange.
From top to bottom with time, I
would like to see the result across the whole area.
Tell me please, how I can to solve this problem.
Thanks. ;)

Keyshot 7.1.36
windows 10
GPU: GTX 1050

mattjgerard

looks like you have your ground shadows intersecting with your geometry, that is why above and below look different. I have had this happen as well, even when the ground shadows are turned off in the environment tab.

Nexus

Thank's for your answer Matt.
But trouble repeats.

mattjgerard

does it go away  or change with different HDR's? Just trying to figure out if its a geometry issue or a lighting issue.

theAVator

I guess I'm just a little confused on what the actual question is??

Are you saying that when rendering it renders each line of pixels from top to bottom and you don't want it to act that way?
- if so, I don't think that's possible. It has to follow some sort of order as it doles out the blocks to the CPU.  (someone else correct me if I'm wrong, or if even different render modes act differently.)

Do you have your render settings available to show here? It looks like capture.png in your original post is a pic 10000x6641 pixels and only 57% complete (57% of what, I'm not sure). A pic that large may just need to render longer to clear up the white areas.

capture.png in the 2nd set you posted appears to just be your work area. From the HUD its only a 1280x850 image which is significantly smaller and so "pixels" would be more easily seen. But it also shows it has only run for 27 seconds and is only running 4.1fps (not a lot of time to do anything significant and pretty slowly to boot).

Honestly, I'd let it sit for a while or run a Max Samples render on it and see how long it takes for the white areas to start looking good.

mattjgerard

OK, I might have been looking at the wrong thing, I was seeing a clear line where above it was noise free, and below it showed lots of noise. depending on the lighting and the materials, yeah, those areas could take a while to resolve.

One trick will turned me on to long time ago was to use the region window to isolate the trouble area and read the samples in the HUD when that area looks good, that will give and indication for how many samples to set for your main render.

While I don't render locally anymore, (love the network render!!!!)  I did know that in 7.1 the render window didn't update in realtime to show the render progress. But that doesn't matter for me any more:)

Nexus

Ok guys, Thank's for your answers. .
my question is this:
Due to the fact that the Render is piecemeal from top to bottom.
There is noise in some places.
Can I render the same rendering in all places of the keyhot 7?

LayC42

Yes you can. Just try the max time render mode and let it rum for let's say 2 hours. And stop the render if it is free of noise.

Hope that helps.

Or you can share the scene if it is allowed.

Nexus

Yes, thak's for your answer.
Previously I let 4 hours render.
The noize go out when I say maximal sample 1024.
But time of render did - 35 hours. ::)

LayC42

35 hours are a lot. I could not wait so long.

Have you tried to use the render region to count the samples in difficult areas?
What's about the shadow quality?
Perhaps you can share some screen grabs of the lighting settings.
Have you tried to re-import the model and decrease the tesselation?

There are several option to get render done faster.