Keyshot 2.3 is out

Started by quigley, June 15, 2011, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

It is, honest, get it via the update when you start Keyshot. There is a very nice new feature....

Speedster

I'm using it now, and it runs like a rocket!  But... what's the "new" feature you're referring to?
Bill G

Ed

guest84672

That has been there before.

jhiker

So what does it do/? I couldn't find it in the manual....

PhilippeV8

I keep getting "cannot connect to the update server, please try again later" ... guess I'll have to wait for it (url) to show up on the forum ...

guest84672

Ed

Sounds like we're referring to the Center button in the Scene tab.  Works like Snap to Ground, except it moves the selected part(s) to the center of the image.  This is a good thing for those objects that get lost:)

quigley

jhiker

So what's the difference between 'save file' and 'save package' ?

quigley

Save package collects everything related to the file together - the BIP, the textures,  the HDRI.

Think of it like Collect for Output in Quark Xpress, Package in Indesign or Pack and Go in SolidWorks and Powerpoint.

jhiker

'Save package collects everything related to the file together - the BIP, the textures,  the HDRI.'

...and save file doesn't do that?
I thought a saved rendering saved the materials, textures, backplate and the HDRI - am I mistaken?

guest84672

It does, buy doesn't create a Package. The package is like a zip file that contains all the content in a scene.

Arnaud

Hi Jhiker

Maybe there is a little misunderstanding. I understand that "Save" write a file with the geometry, the settings, and the links to the local path of HDR, textures, bump, label and so on. But if you use a specific HDR, and send the BIP file to someone who doesn't have the HDR file, it won't see the right scene.
While "Package" save also in the file, the HDR, textures, and so on. So you can send your "package" to anybody, and the result will be exactly the same than yours.

Right Thomas ?

Robert V.

I'm not Thomas, but that is how I experience the package file.