Accuracy of Units

Started by mdfz23, January 03, 2018, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdfz23

Hi All,

I am new to using Keyshot as my rendering platform and currently running on Keyshot 7.

I would like to make an animation on a robotic arm, where there are multiple movements on a single joint. I am able to do a few combination of rotations and translations but my biggest difficulty is that I require specific angles and lengths for my movements (i.e. 45.654deg, 134.678mm, etc.) but Keyshot only has the unit accuracy of to the closest 1th. I noticed for angles, it has two decimals but I can't input the decimals. Is there any setting for changing the accuracy of the units? I look forward to your advise and thank you for your kind understanding.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mdfz23 on January 03, 2018, 07:44:00 PM
Hi All,

I am new to using Keyshot as my rendering platform and currently running on Keyshot 7.

I would like to make an animation on a robotic arm, where there are multiple movements on a single joint. I am able to do a few combination of rotations and translations but my biggest difficulty is that I require specific angles and lengths for my movements (i.e. 45.654deg, 134.678mm, etc.) but Keyshot only has the unit accuracy of to the closest 1th. I noticed for angles, it has two decimals but I can't input the decimals. Is there any setting for changing the accuracy of the units? I look forward to your advise and thank you for your kind understanding.

I would recommend creating this animation in your CAD application if possible and then importing it into KeyShot if you can. I don't know of a way to increase unit decimal places.

mdfz23

Hi Will,

I did my CAD modelling in SolidWorks Standard Edition 2017.

So all my animations done in SolidWorks will be the same if imported into KeyShot?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mdfz23 on January 07, 2018, 08:20:25 PM
Hi Will,

I did my CAD modelling in SolidWorks Standard Edition 2017.

So all my animations done in SolidWorks will be the same if imported into KeyShot?

The upcoming SolidWorks plugin will support SolidWorks motion studies. You will be able to import it into KeyShot exactly as it is in SolidWorks. I am not 100% sure when this will be available though, so it's not an immediate solution unfortunately.