Ivy Generator Plugin - 3dsmax

Started by zamorano, January 09, 2018, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamorano

Today I was doing tests trying to export from 3ds max to Keyshot some plugins like Forest Pack, Multiscatter among others and to my surprise, the Ivy Generator plugin worked perfectly.
I did not see anything about it in the forum, I decided to post test image.

KeyShot

Jeff Hayden

Josh3D

Very cool shot. I'd be puttin' ivy on everything, lol.

Will Gibbons

Thanks for sharing! This is neat. Would like to see some more, perhaps some close-ups too!

zamorano

Hi,
I'm doing new tests with Ivy, but in this case rendering is very slow.
I tried exporting as poly or mesh and it looks like the result was good.
I will do new research, but I believe the plugin makes it heavy and requires a more powerful machine.
The images are with low resolution and high noise, so figure out how to improve render time, post final result.

Will Gibbons

Dang! I really like these. Just a fun concept.

SergioBL

zamorano

Hello guys,
After a few days I was able to finish my studies with Ivy Generator.
My pc has no high configuration, so I had some locking issues.
In the 3ds max where I created the study scene, I activated the plugin on the trophy and let the vegetation follow the course.
Then I applied turbosmooth modifier to round the roots. Next I converted to poly and thus managed to export without much delay.

Will Gibbons

Fantastic! I love these... just something whimsical about them. Makes me think that the KS trophy is some massive, ancient relic. Gets my over-active imagination going. DoF is well-executed here.

What materials you use for the ivy? Also, how many tri's in KeyShot? I imagine these can get heavy after converting to mesh.

zamorano

Hello will
I used Ivy's standard materials.
After conversion to poly, the render time was between 4 and 5 hours.
I used 67 samples on this render.