Keyshot crashes when running on a Mac using VMWare Fusion 10 (On the PC Side)

Started by ldichiara, January 13, 2018, 03:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldichiara

Good Evening all -
Is anyone running Keyshot with VMWare Fusion 10? I am running on a macbook pro with VMWare - so I have the application on my windows side and my mac side using a virtual machine for the PC. What i have found is that the mac version is stable, the version that is run through VMWare crashes with frequency. I've played with the settings which at times has seemed to have helped (number of cores assigned to the app, etc..) but generally speaking it has not solved the issue. I can always port my scenes over and do my renders on the mac side but this is an extra step and seems counterintuitive. VMWare tech support has been over the top in trying to help find a resolution but they have limited familiarity with Keyshot so still trying to solve it - was hoping someone out there may have encountered the same issue and have a solution.

Thank you -

Lenny

Will Gibbons

If you haven't yet, I'd email support@luxion.com. I run KeyShot on parallels desktop with no issues. I haven't used VMWare Fusion though, so I'm not sure I'm helpful there.

ldichiara

Will - I have reached out to support and they tried to help - it worked for a short while but the issues have since come back; will be reaching out again. Im sure it has something to do with memory and resource allocation but it is strange because mac side it is very stable and the PC side crashes either when I'm setting up the scene tree or mid-render so Im pretty sure it has to do with how Fusion interacts with Keyshot or vice versa.

L

Will Gibbons

Quote from: ldichiara on January 16, 2018, 05:33:51 AM
Will - I have reached out to support and they tried to help - it worked for a short while but the issues have since come back; will be reaching out again. Im sure it has something to do with memory and resource allocation but it is strange because mac side it is very stable and the PC side crashes either when I'm setting up the scene tree or mid-render so Im pretty sure it has to do with how Fusion interacts with Keyshot or vice versa.

L

Sorry to hear that! I hope it gets resolved soon!