less importing cameras from Rhino

Started by andy.engelkemier, January 18, 2018, 06:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I really need an option to not import cameras from Rhino.
Every time we have to add a piece, it imports copies of the cameras.
Someone made a design change? Great, now we have duplicate cameras of everything.
Want to import 5 files into one keyshot? Yay, now you have 5 front view cameras, 5 top view, 5 perspective, etc.

It gets out of hand really quickly. I just need a checkbox that says to Not import cameras. I want them the first time. That's likely all.
I might want a camera I, or someone else, set up somewhere along the way, so I'd want to turn it back on. But it should be my choice to import a slurry of cameras.

I also never need the ortho cameras from Rhino. That might be a nice advanced option to have. Just ignore the cameras named Front, Top, Back, Right, etc. Just import the perspective one.
And if you DO import duplicate cameras, have an auto-rename, so I can understand which one is which.

This isn't a bug. It's just an issue because it's an annoyance that slows me down every time I use Keyshot. Sometimes just a little, sometimes quite a bit, depending on how many cameras I have to keep track of.

Robb63

I'd second this request. Drives me crazy updating a part, then having to delete all of the new cameras again.