loading frames in PS and other questions.

Started by zooropa, February 04, 2018, 10:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. This is more for the Adobe forum. I already posted there, nobody answered yet.

I hope not be messing with the KS forum workflow.

I finished an animation which I would like to compose in PS via frames. The reason why I want to do this is cause I would like to tweak some overall light issues. My frame folder seems to be ordered correctly with consecutively file names.
x1, x2, x3...

I am loading them in PS via Scripts>Load files into stack

I get the pngs in different layers, but all mess...

Did anyone of you experience this ?

Besides this.
Do you use photoshop to compose and edit? or AE or Premiere ?

Thanks

mattjgerard

The thought of loading frames into PS for me makes me ill. I tried once, and went back to my old standard of Premiere. for doing simple color correction Premiere would be the fastest and most user friendly. Even AfterEffects is a pain to do color correction in.

Esben Oxholm

Not sure about the layers issue. Have not tried to import an entire animation into photoshop.

Quote from: zooropa on February 04, 2018, 10:28:29 AM

I use AE as it allows me to do advanced masking stuff and other fx if needed. For simple color grading Premiere might be easier to work with depending on your needs and experience.

Quote from: mattjgerard on February 05, 2018, 06:28:53 AM
Even AfterEffects is a pain to do color correction in.
Hi Matt. What specific parts of the process do you think is a pain compared to Premiere? Have you tried the 'Lumetri Color' effect?
I'm currently planning a KeyShot > AE animation course and looking for things that people have trouble with :)

Cheers,

Will Gibbons

I also use Premiere Pro for this. I had access to PP since 2007 when I used it mostly for editing bmx and snowboard videos, so I've kept up with it just to know the basics.

I, like Matt now use it for compiling animations, simple editing like titles and transitions and color correction. The Lumetri color correction is something I've began using lately.

zooropa

The thought of loading frames into PS for me makes me ill. I tried once, and went back to my old standard of Premiere. for doing simple color correction Premiere would be the fastest and most user friendly. Even AfterEffects is a pain to do color correction in.

I downloaded a freescript that helped a little bit. After having my un-ordered layers/frames into PS I ran the script and helped to put it alphabetically . 

zooropa

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 05, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

I also use Premiere Pro for this. I had access to PP since 2007 when I used it mostly for editing bmx and snowboard videos, so I've kept up with it just to know the basics.

I, like Matt now use it for compiling animations, simple editing like titles and transitions and color correction. The Lumetri color correction is something I've began using lately.

I end up adding effects on top of all my frames/layers...and exported. I believe it work.

They were really subtle changes so not even sure if i can perceive it right.

zooropa

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 05, 2018, 07:21:57 AM
Not sure about the layers issue. Have not tried to import an entire animation into photoshop.

I use AE as it allows me to do advanced masking stuff and other fx if needed. For simple color grading Premiere might be easier to work with depending on your needs and experience.

Even AfterEffects is a pain to do color correction in.
Hi Matt. What specific parts of the process do you think is a pain compared to Premiere? Have you tried the 'Lumetri Color' effect?
I'm currently planning a KeyShot > AE animation course and looking for things that people have trouble with :)

Cheers,

I want that tutorial please.

KeyShot

I can add that we are planning on integrating some of this functionality in KeyShot 8, which would make it trivial to apply to a full animation. If you have specific needs please share in the wish list section.