Awesome new feature must haves

Started by Paul Lang, February 04, 2018, 12:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lang

Here are a few of my wish list features that would bring Keyshot to the next level.

1. Displacement Maps
2. A proper instancing tool that will scatter grass, trees, plants, fur and many more with the ability to instance them on specific objects. A paint brush instancing tool would be a great feature for greater controlled instancing. (Thea Render has this, tried the demo and works great.)
3. Volumetric/Fog/Atmosphere particles. There is always particles and moisture in the air in real life, the ability to control this in Keyshot would ad greater photographic realism to any scene.
4.Accurate measurements/Scaling. Being able to accurately assign any object a specific dimension i.e. make said object 2.5" X 4" X 7"
5.Models library that functions similar to the save custom materials library. For example... I reuse items all the time i.e. I texture a book set/books in bookcase and want to use them in multiple scenes or in the future, would be great to just select it, save to a "Models Library" and now you can just drag and drop to any scene without having to save and import models individually.
6. Subdivision - Re-tesselate is good idea but only works for models that have the data saved out with it. I purchase about 80% of my models and about 70% of them I have to bring into another app just to smooth/subdivide the geometry. Adding this to the Geometry editor would be a great feature.

cheers, Paul

Will Gibbons

Great list! Some of this is in the works. Many of these requests have popped up in the past and I'd agree, they'd all be welcomed additions. Thanks for sharing.

KeyShot

I second that. Great list. We already have a few of the wishes coming in v8.

fario

Furniture_Guy

Boy, I could REALLY use that 'Model Library' feature...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Perry

mattjgerard

mattjgerard

Add to this, can't recall if I formally requested this or not, but a license management tool that allows me to  deactivate the license on my home workstation so I can activate my license on my work workstation. Dealing with this today, I forgot to deactivate it at midnight when I fell asleep in my chair at my computer at home, got to work this morning, and can't activate it here cause its still activated at home. My bad, I know, but still a bit of a pain.

Remote license tool.

DMerz III

Awesome list!

Would like to add 'nested dielectrics' or a more 'dummy-proof' way to create liquid interactions with glass/other transparent surfaces. I know I mentioned this in another post, and I believe someone from Luxion said there was something in the works, would totally be a time saver for us.

Thanks!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DMerz III on February 07, 2018, 07:10:25 AM
I believe someone from Luxion said there was something in the works

I've also heard this :)

Paul Lang

I'd like to add something else, might have posted it once before but Snap to specific object would be great! or even better a collision parameter, the ability tell any given object not to collide/intersect with other objects.

Also more on the function of my number one wish list item - instancing...

• Random Jitter
• Rotation Jitter
• Angle Jitter
• Size Jitter
• Assign to object
• Collision Control
• Paint Brush instance tool

Paul