Issue with Fade animation when using "interior mode" lighting technique

Started by Lei, February 07, 2018, 04:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

Hi, (reposted from animation topic, thought it was more relevant to be posted here since this issue is also apparent not just in my computer)

I have recently found a problem when rendering Fade animations when using "interior mode" on lighting present. When I render my animations in the past I use Lighting present "Product", then set the Rendering Technique to "Interior mode" which gives me a really good output. But now for some reason something is wrong with my keyshot and when I render fade animations with the "Rendering Technique: Interior Mode" it doesn't fully disappear.

I have attached two images below which shows the issue. I thought it was a bug with the Fade animation but i tried to do the same frame but in a different lighting setting, it does the proper fade animation.

I have just accessed another KeyShot license from one of my co-worker and his keyshot also does the same issue. Therefore this problem is apparent in all other KeyShot. I believe I started noticing this problem after 2 updates ago (i have just done an update today and it still havent hotfixed this, therefore it was the patch before that. I am currently on version 7.2.135

Will Gibbons

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll check it out and see if I can get it to happen here.

Will Gibbons

That's really strange. The fade works 100% on mine both interior and product mode, but I'm on a mac now. Will test on PC later.

Lei

I have downgraded to KeyShot 7.0 and now the fade animation works perfectly fine again. I will hold of in updating latests up dates since rendering in Interior mode is very critical for me.