Tab for pins ?

Started by zooropa, February 08, 2018, 12:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I have been experimenting with external pins. I also saw today that Poliigon added really nice collection of STUDIO lights.
I guess this also can be used as pins. I am just wondering if there is anyway to customise the UV to have a specific tab for pins.

I could add them in a folder within "enviroments". The problem is that they will be usable as an enviroment. I think if this is not ready implemented could be nice to have a tab to navigate through pins with thumbnails. I believe at the moment the way to do it is to open a folder from the PIN section and search for path.

What do you think. If this is already implemented I apologize and wish you can share how.

Regards

DriesV

Hi

Drag and drop of images into the Pin list is already supported in KeyShot 7.
This can be done from both the Environments and Textures Library, as well as from any external folder.
Images that are dragged and dropped into the Pin list will automatically be added as Image Pins. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy. :)

Note that the Environments library will only show HDR images. So you will be able use .hdz, .hdr and .exr files as Pins.
The Textures Library on the other hand can hold any image format, both LDR and HDR.

I would recommend creating a "Image Pins" folder in the Textures Library. Not only will you be able to use all image formats, but it also will avoid confusion in the Environments Library, because, like you mentioned, it might not make sense to apply an Image Pin as an Environment.

Dries

zooropa

Thanks Dries testing it asap.