It's all about the valve

Started by feher, June 30, 2011, 05:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi Guys haven't done anything in awhile so I found this model on CadGrab by Zanoto.
KeyShot,HdrLightStudio, and Photoshop for post work, which wasn't much.
Enjoy.
Tim

Speedster

Tim, you are really nailing it!  Too bad the model did not have the threads peeking out above the nuts.  Oh well...
Bill G

feher

Quote from: Speedster on June 30, 2011, 05:32:19 PM
Tim, you are really nailing it!  Too bad the model did not have the threads peeking out above the nuts.  Oh well...
Bill G
[/quote
Thanks Bill !! You know I didn't even think about the threads....rrrrrr I will be more aware of that now.
Tim]

guest84672

Ed

Good job Tim.  Lots of texture work there. 

Just for fun you might try changing one soft light in HDR Light Studio to a very pale blue, and a soft light from the opposite direction a very pale yellow.  I find it tends to give metal in scenes like this a bit of interest as opposed to all white lighting.

Ed

feher

Thanks Thomas,

Ed thanks for the tip I'll try that this weekend and repost.
Tim

Jeff Hayden

Tim, you are extremely talented. I worked in the valve market for almost 10 years and you nailed it on the textures. This image looks awesome. Keep up the great work.

feher

Quote from: Jeff Hayden on July 01, 2011, 09:27:22 PM
Tim, you are extremely talented. I worked in the valve market for almost 10 years and you nailed it on the textures. This image looks awesome. Keep up the great work.
Thanks Jeff !
Always room for improvement.