Manually create animation from frames

Started by dshugoplt, February 27, 2018, 01:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dshugoplt

Hello,

I am new using Keyshot.
I created a quite long animation, but for some reason (probably because I changed the name of a destination folder  :'(), i get an error while merging the frames to create the video.
Now I have about 2000 frames but no video. Is there any way keyshot can retry to render the video reusing this frames without having to render again all the +2000 frames?

Thanks in advance

theAVator

Unless someone knows of a way to do it through scripting, I don't think so.

The good thing is you have the frames. Any number of video programs can stitch them into a sequence. I do all of my animations through this method and do all the sequencing in Premiere Pro. I'd also assume Final Cut can do it, probably iMovie or Windows Movie Maker (i think that's what it's called). I'm sure there's a whole bunch of free programs out there that can do it as well. Just do a quick Google search and should pop up some results.

dshugoplt

I will try this.
Maybe it's even a better way than let keyshot handle it. I have some frames with small reflections or black spots that I can try to improve.
Thanks for your help

INNEO_MWo

An easy software to just stitch the frames together is VirtualDUB (an open source software). Just drag the first frame in VirtualDUB and set some filters if you like and save it as a video file with any compression mode you want, or need, or installed on your machine.

Good luck!

Maybe you want to share your experience and result?!

Cheers
Marco

dshugoplt

Hello,

I tried Blender for merging the video and it worked well  :).
Currently I don't have permission to share the results. (It has confidential information from a client).
If I can get permission soon I will post the results here.

Thank for the tips

Robb63

Quote from: dshugoplt on February 27, 2018, 06:09:33 AM
I will try this.
Maybe it's even a better way than let keyshot handle it. I have some frames with small reflections or black spots that I can try to improve.
Thanks for your help

Yep, I never use the "Video" option when I render animations in Keyshot. I always use the "Frames" option instead. It's so easy with 3rd party software to stitch these into a movie, and I have more options for output.

Regarding the frames you have that need editing, you may be able to create an "Action" in Photoshop that can fix the issue, then batch run it on the frames that need the fix.
I've done this a few times in the past. It has saved me from having to add a glow to 330 individual frames before. The Action ran on the frames folder I created and made the changes to all 330 frames in under two minutes. It's very powerful.