Limited Render Output Resolution

Started by trey182, July 07, 2011, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trey182

Probably my biggest pet peeve about Keyshot is that I have not found a way to render out images that are much bigger than my screen size at 300 DPI. It's been ok up to this point because I haven't needed much more than that but I would like to be able to render super high quality rendering at around poster size. Well... what I would really like to is have is unlimited size restrains but possibly even billboard size at 72 DPI would be nice. Just a thought. Also, another thing that bugs me is Keyshot constantly renders too "hot" for me. It always has really blown out white highlight spots considering lighting that are impossible to get rid of and still have an image with nice contrast and isn't too dark. I have found a way around this though. I just render the image with the gamma I want with a shade or two darker brightness and adjust accordingly in Photoshop. I treat it sort of like taking a photo with a camera. I intentionally under expose the image so I can keep the integrity of the brightest areas.

quigley

For high resolution get Keyshot Pro - unlimited resolution.

For avoiding blow out a lot depends on the HDRI used - not all HDRIs are of the same quality. Take a look at HDR Light Studio products - worth every penny.

trey182

feher

Yes, if you want unlimited size Pro is what you need.
As for your lighting issues I second quigley. HDRLightStudio is the way to go.
But, even if you don't have it it's up to you to make your HDRI work the way you want it. You have Photoshop so you can do anything to make the HDRI  work for you.
That's where the artist inside comes out.
Keyshot is not the issue.
Good Luck !
Tim

PhilippeV8

are there any good Light Studio films I can watch online to get an idea of what it does and what it's all about ?

feher

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on July 15, 2011, 04:23:33 AM
are there any good Light Studio films I can watch online to get an idea of what it does and what it's all about ?
Here you go buddy.
http://www.hdrlightstudio.com/learning.htm
Tim

PhilippeV8

Thnx !  I'll watch these at home this weekend ... streaming media is banned here at work ;)

Zander85

Feher- photshop will not help you edit HDRI Images that would be used for rendering in Keyshot. You need HDR Light Studio for that.

Ed

" ... photoshop will not help you edit HDRI Images that would be used for rendering in Keyshot. "

Sure you can - I've done it many times.  Not all versions of PS will edit 32 bit images, but my PS CS4 Extended version will. 

I've used PS to add lights, blur the HDRI, change a color HDRI to grey-scale, stretch and crop the HDRI so the lights are closer to the ground, ect.

Having said that, I also use HDR Light Studio Live.

Ed

Zander85

I have photoshop cs3 and I am not able to edit the files due to bit depth :(