KeyShot Crashes when .psd file is applied as a label

Started by monson67, March 08, 2018, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

KS7 crashes if I apply a label to a material using a Photoshop (.psd) file. The PSD format isn't listed in the KS7 online manual under labels as an accepted format, but I've used it in the past with success, and I can open .bip files that have had PSD files as labels (and they render properly). It's just when I apply new labels that KS7 crashes.

mattjgerard

I've never tried using a PSD as a label, that would be awesome if it worked. Even better if it would accept illustrator vector files!

I'll have a go at it and see what happens.

monson67

I would love to be able to use Illustrator files. That's actually why I use .psd files (when it works). I place a linked (not embedded) Illustrator file into a Photoshop file at high dpi, and then apply that Photoshop file as a label in KS7. When I need to make edits to the vector artwork, I just edit the original Illustrator file, and the artwork placed in the Photoshop file automatically updates. Save the PS file and refresh the label in KS7.

germannick

Thank you for the great "life hack". I will try it out in a Minute and see if it works