Version 7 Model Sets Feature

Started by Furniture_Guy, March 26, 2018, 08:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furniture_Guy

OK, so I watch the latest 'Tips & Tricks' webinar and I see where the Model Sets feature would be very useful to me by turning off and on various options of our product prior to output.

The problem: When I select parts and then add them to the model set, the clone copy of that part ends up in the middle of my model, nowhere near it's original location!

Any solutions would be much appreciated...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Will Gibbons

The parts shouldn't change location. What program were your models created in? How are you getting your data into KS?

Furniture_Guy

Via step files from my Engineering department out of Creo. If you're going to suggest I get IGES files they're just too big. The model list that I'm creating KeyShot files for is 925 items...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

DriesV

Hi Perry,

As Will mentioned, the parts should not change position.
It is not entirely clear to me how you are working with the model. Could you outline the exact steps of how you are creating the Model Sets and adding parts to them?
Additionally, would you be able to share the model, so that we can try to reproduce your issue? You can send data securely via our WeTransfer. Send to dries-at-luxion-dot-com.

Dries

INNEO_MWo

You can try two different things.

First use the parasolid format (x_t) to transfer between Creo and KeyShot.
Or install 7.2.109.